Material relating to Lathem Hall, including information about Reverend Abraham Lance Lathem, 1866 - 1955. Also includes photographs.
Reverend Lathem was the pastor of the Third Presbyterian Church on Broad (Ninth) and Potter Streets in Chester, Pennsylvania from 1904 to 1939. In disagreement with the modernist leanings of this church, he broke away in 1939 to form a church called the Bible Presbyterian Church that he intended to remain true to the fundamentalist teaching of the Bible. The Bible Presbyterian Church met in what is now known as Lathem Hall. Lathem Hall was purchased by Widener University in the early 1990s.
See box 378.1 for more information about Lathem Hall and the Reverend Lathem.